Oct 25, 2009

Gilles Peterson presents Havana Cultura new Cuba sound /Brownswood Recordings



"I got the call about a year ago now. A trip to Cuba in September '08 to check out the new generation of Havana-based artists. What a great opportunity! I'd never been before and had literally only just stepped out of the cinema having watched the Che movie. But would there be anything going on outside of Buena Vista, rumba and reggaeton? I was about to find out.

What a week we had in this iconic spot. I feel so blessed to have worked with these people - folk who take their art very seriously, but always with a smile at the end of the session. I hope you enjoy the fruits of our labour".

Gilles Peterson



Brownswood Recordings proudly announce a new project bringing the best of a new generation of Cuban musicians together to create an incredible album of modern Cuban urban music.And it comes out on October 26th,for Brownswood Recordings of course.
Havana-Cultura.com